AgLearn Registration for Technical Service Providers - New Users Only
Technical Service Providers (TSPs) can now register for an AgLearn account directly from TechReg. New TSPs and existing TSPs who do not already have an AgLearn account can use one of two links in TechReg to register for an account in AgLearn.
Note: If you already registered for an AgLearn account, then you will receive an error message. If you should receive an error message indicating “You already have an account in AgLearn”, then you can access AgLearn using the same User ID and Password you used to access TechReg. You can access AgLearn using the “Login>” button on the AgLearn website.
Information Security Awareness Training
Information Security Awareness Training is an annual training that anyone with an eAuthentication Level 2 account must take including TSPs. Tracking and notification of the training is done only with those who have both an eAuthenication account and an AgLearn account. The course announcement is issued by October each year and is due to be completed by January, exact dates may vary. Currently the consequence of not taking the training by the deadline is deactivation of your AgLearn account.
Every TSP requesting a new AgLearn account will be required to take the current Security Awareness training. The timing of when a new AgLearn account registrant has to complete the training will be up to the TSP’s resident State Training Officer (STO). TSPs will be notified by the STO about completing this training.
Registration Steps for Creating a New AgLearn Account
- Go to the TSP website homepage
- to login to TechReg using your eAuthentication Level 2 User ID and Password.
- Once in your profile, locate one of the two links available for registering for an AgLearn account. Click on the Register for AgLearn link wither location to start the AgLearn registration process.
- Log into the AgLearn Registration Site using your eAuthentication Level 2 User ID and Password. This is the same User ID and Password you used to access TechReg.
- Complete External Registration Field:
- Your Name, Address, Phone and Email Address should be automatically populated in the contact information fields from your eAuthentication Level 2 ID profile.
- Enter appropriate information:
- Agency – NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Service)
- USDA Organizational Unit – NRCS-External TSP
- USDA Official to Sponsor Access to AgLearn – Select name from Drop Down
- USDA Contractor, Partner, Student – Partner
- Point of Contact (POC) – Jake Ceartin; email@example.com
- Enter the Name of your Company or Organization
- Submit your registration
- Jake Ceartin will email you a confirmation that your AgLearn account has been activated so that you can begin taking the training required to be certified as a NRCS TSP.
Should you have any problems registering for an AgLearn account, please contact any of the following:
- Jake Ceartin, State Training Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-587-6862
- AgLearn Help Desk: AgLearnHelp@genphysics.com or 1-866-633-9394
- Lakeitha Ruffin, TSP Coordinator: email@example.com or 406-587-6854
- Stacy Koch, National TSP Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-925-5531
Taking AgLearn Courses
- Access AgLearn
- To Log-in, enter you eAuthentication User ID and Password.
- Select course(s) to add to your learning plan.
- If you know the class you want to take, simply search by typing in the name of the course in the search catalog box
- You can also browse the catalog for courses
- Click “Add to Learning Plan” button to add a course to your learning plan from the menu.
- Once the desired course(s) has been added, return to the learning plan screen. You can “Launch Content” from your learning plan screen.
- Follow the on screen directions to complete the class. You must complete the course exam and evaluation sections to successfully complete the course.
- Save the completion certification to document you have completed the course.
To make sure the AgLearn system captured completion of a course, select the Learning tab from the top menu and then Learning History from the lower menu. A list of completed courses along with the completion date should display. If a course you believe to have been completed is not displayed, contact Jake Ceartin, phone 406.587.6862 or email Jake Ceartin.
AgLearn Courses for TSPs
All TSPs are required to complete the following courses:
- NRCS-NEDC-000191 - TSP Orientation Course
- NRCS-NECD-000008 - Conservation Planning, Part I Course (Modules 1 to 5)
Other TSP categories have specific course requirements. You will need to check the current certification criteria on the TechReg web page to determine if any additional courses are required. The Introduction to the Technical Guide is not a required course, but it is worthwhile to provide an awareness of how NRCS organizes technical resource information and the standards and specifications for conservation practices.
If you want to apply for certification in the Nutrient and Pest Management categories, you will need the Introduction to Water Quality, Nutrient Management Track 1 – Part 1, and Pest Management Track 2 – Part 1 courses as well.
Some of the courses available are:
- NRCS-NEDC-000008 - Conservation Planning, Part I Course (Modules 1 to 5)
- NRCS-NEDC-000033 - Introduction To Water Quality
- NRCS-NEDC-000083 - Nutrient Management Track 1, Part 1
- NRCS-NEDC-000085 - Pest Management Track 2, Part 1
- NRCS-NEDC-000115 - Agricultural Waste Management Systems - A Primer (required for Manure and Wastewater Handling and Storage)
- NRCS-NEDC-000116 - Agricultural Waste Management Systems - Level 2 (required for Manure and Wastewater Handling and Storage)
- NRCS-NEDC-000141 - Cultural Resources Training Series, Part 1
- NRCS-NEDC-000149 - Introduction to the Field Office Technical Guide (recommended but not required)
- NRCS-NEDC-000190 - Environmental Compliance for Conservation Assistance (EC Level 1)
- NRCS-NEDC-000191 - TSP Orientation
Required Courses for Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan (CAP 102) Categories:
- Certified Conservation Planner State Specific Training Module
- Conservation Planning Modules 1-9 (AgLearn)
- TSP Orientation (AgLearn)
- Introduction to the Field Office Technical Guide (AgLearn)
- Current wind and water erosion technologies
- NRCS Agricultural Waste Management Systems, A Primer (AgLearn)
- NRCS Agricultural Waste Management Systems, Level 2 (AgLearn)
- Air Quality, Climate Change, and Energy (AgLearn)
- Air Quality Resource Concerns (AgLearn)
- Air Quality Assessment Tool Webinar – Dairy, Swine or Poultry (S&T Library)
- Introduction to Water Quality (AgLearn)
- Nutrient Management, Modules 1-6 (AgLearn)
Most courses require a passing score on a proficiency test after the materials have been reviewed. When a course has been completed, please check the boxes in Section F of your TSP profile (on the TechReg site) for the Orientation course and the Conservation Planning, Part 1 (Modules 1 – 5). List any other courses completed under Section F.