Skip Navigation

Sexual Harrassment Complaints

If you feel that you are being sexually harassed, the following steps should be taken to stop the harassment:

  1. Talk to the offender or tell them to stop the activity that is upsetting you. Often times they do not realize that you are offended.
  2. If you do not feel comfortable talking to the offender or the other person continues the offensive activity even after you have asked them to stop, tell your Assistant State Conservationist. The Assistant State Conservationist should then approach the other individual(s) and let them know that the behavior should stop.
  3. If the offender is the Assistant State Conservationist or you do not feel comfortable talking with your Assistant State Conservationist, advice can be received from:
  • State Conservationist
  • State Administrative Officer
  • Federal Women's Program Manager

At any time, you may contact an agency EEO Counselor. To file a complaint of discrimination the individual must first contact an EEO Counselor within 45 days of the alleged discriminatory incident, or of reasonably learning of the possible discriminatory nature of the incident. The EEO Counselor will attempt to mediate/resolve the issue.

The Informal EEO Counseling Program Agency Contacts and Counselors for NRCS can be reached at: 301-504-2181.