2011 EQIP Eligible Practices
2011 Kansas EQIP Eligible Conservation Practices and Program Payment Schedule
Eligible Conservation Practices
Eligible practices were chosen to address the priority natural resource concerns with consideration for other natural resource concerns. As a result, multiple natural resource concerns will be treated with EQIP funds.
All practices and components receiving EQIP financial assistance, unless otherwise stated, must:
- Be maintained for the lifespan of the practice, as defined in the Conservation Programs Manual;
- Comply with NRCS electronic Field Office Technical Guide standards and specifications;
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations;
- Meet the requirements of the ranking category criteria; and
- Be included in the EQIP contract.
All practices must meet the requirements of the ranking category criteria and the Conservation Programs Manual to be eligible for payment.
Financial assistance for management practices is available when the applicant has not previously adopted the practice requesting assistance on the application acres.
- An EQIP program participant may earn up to $50,000 in total EQIP management payments for each ranking category (i.e. Water Quality, Soil Condition, Forestland Health, etc.). Management practice payments shall not exceed $50,000 per participant for any one ranking category, regardless of the number of contracts that participant is a party to.
- No contract shall include management payment totaling more than $50,000 regardless of the number of participants on that contract.
- These items are not applicable to applications for conversion from irrigated to non-irrigated land under Water Quantity and Water Quantity-Quick Response Areas.
Practice eligibility will be determined by the application ranking category selected.
The following documents require Adobe Reader.
*Includes ranking categories for Beginning Farmer/Rancher, Limited Resource Farmer/Rancher, and Socially Disadvantaged Farmer/Rancher
Practice Payment Schedule
A payment rate per unit is identified for each practice activity. Payment rates have been set by the State Conservationist based upon recommendations from the Kansas Technical Committee.
Kansas EQIP Practice Payment Schedule - Fiscal Year 2011 (PDF; 392 KB)
Kansas EQIP Organic Practice Payment Schedule - Fiscal Year 2011 (PDF; 155 KB)
Kansas EQIP Ogallala Aquifer Initiative Practice Payment Schedule - Fiscal Year 2011 (PDF; 120 KB)