2009 EQIP Eligible Practices
2009 Kansas EQIP Eligible Conservation Practices and Program Payment Schedule
Eligible Conservation Practices
Eligible practices were chosen to address the priority natural resource concerns with consideration for other natural resource concerns. As a result, multiple natural resource concerns will be treated with EQIP funds.
All practices and components receiving EQIP financial assistance, unless otherwise stated, must:
- Be maintained for the lifespan of the practice, as defined in the Conservation Programs Manual;
- Comply with NRCS electronic Field Office Technical Guide standards and specifications;
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations;
- Meet the requirements of the ranking category criteria; and
- Be included in the EQIP contract.
All practices must meet the requirements of the ranking category criteria and the Conservation Programs Manual to be eligible for payment.
Financial assistance for management practices is available when the applicant has not previously applied the practice requesting assistance.
- An EQIP program participant may earn up to $50,000 in total EQIP management payments for each ranking category (i.e. Water Quality, Soil Condition, Forestland Health, etc.). Management practice payments shall not exceed $50,000 per participant for any one ranking category, regardless of the number of contracts that participant is a party to.
- No contract shall include management payment totaling more than $50,000 regardless of the number of participants on that contract.
- These limitations are cumulative beginning in Fiscal Year 2009.
- These items are not applicable to applications for conversion from irrigated to non-irrigated land under Water Quantity and Water Quantity-Quick Response Areas.
Practice eligibility will be determined by the application ranking category selected.
The following documents require Adobe Reader.
Cropland Health Eligible Conservation Practices (PDF; 29 KB)
Forestland Health Eligible Conservation Practices (PDF; 16 KB)
Grazing Lands Health Eligible Conservation Practices (PDF; 28 KB)
Sedimentation of Federal Reservoirs Eligible Conservation Practices (PDF; 38 KB)
Water Quality/Livestock Waste Eligible Conservation Practices (PDF; 34 KB)
Water Quantity/Quick Response Areas Eligible Conservation Practices (PDF; 29 KB)
Beginning Farmer/Rancher, Limited Resource Farmer/Rancher, and Socially Disadvantage Farmer/Rancher Eligible Conservation Practices (PDF; 35 KB)
Tribal Eligible Conservation Practices (PDF; 32 KB)
Organic Eligible Conservation Practices (PDF; 33 KB) Updated May 2009
Practice Payment Schedule
A payment rate per unit is identified for each practice activity. Payment rates have been set by the State Conservationist based upon recommendations from the Kansas Technical Committee.
Kansas EQIP Practice Payment Schedule - Fiscal Year 2009 (PDF; 222 KB) Updated May 8, 2009