IL AG WASTE MGMT FIELD HANDBOOK NOTICE 25
United States Department of Agriculture
Natural Resources Conservation Service
2118 W. Park Court, Champaign, IL 61821
Phone: 217/353-6600 Fax: 217/353-6676 Website: http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/site/il/home/
Date: December 18, 2013
SUBJECT: ENG – National Engineering Handbook (NEH), Part 651, Agricultural Waste Management Field Handbook (AWMFH)
Purpose. To inform staff of new revisions to the national Agricultural Waste Management Field Handbook (AWMFH) and to update the Illinois NRCS approved list for waste storage handling structures
Effective Date: Upon receipt.
1. Chapter 11 of the national Animal Waste Management Field Handbook has recently been revised.
2. The Ag-Tank waste storage facility by FSRC Tanks, Inc. has been determined to meet NRCS standards. As a result, certain FSRC Tanks may now be used in practice designs involving waste storage structures.
Approval of the listed structure depends on proper implementation of the certification procedure for each site-specific design, as outlined in the attached supplement. NRCS will not provide technical assistance for the design of these structures, beyond functional review and approval as outlined in the National Engineering Manual (NEM). The program participant will be responsible for securing the services of an Illinois licensed engineer for design and construction certification. This notice distributes Illinois supplement IL 10-23(10).
The Illinois NRCS engineering website will be updated to include the revised supplement at http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/il/technical/engineering/.
Filing Instructions. Holders of hard copy Agricultural Waste Management Field Handbook binders should:
1. Remove AWMFH Chapter 11 dated 4/92.
2. Obtain and print AWMFH Chapter 11 dated September 2013 from the NRCS eDirectives website (http://policy.nrcs.usda.gov/) Handbooks ïƒ Title 210 ïƒ Part 651 and file in place of the previous Chapter 11.
3. Print the attached new AWMFH supplement IL651.10-23(10) on green paper, and file in the AWMFH after page IL651.10-23(9).
Any questions regarding this submittal should be directed to the Area Engineer.
IVAN N. DOZIER
Dist: All IL NRCS and SWCD Employees
This attachment requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view:
ILLINOIS ENGINEERING FIELD HANDBOOK - NOTICE 25
AWMFH-Notice25.pdf [PDF, 109kb]
IL25 FSRC Preapproval
IL25 FSRC Preapproval.pdf [20kb]
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, or because all or a part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD). To file a complaint of discrimination write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).