Skip Navigation

News Release

Deadline for Signups of Popular NRCS Finance Assistance Programs Approaches

Ron Brooks, EQIP Program Manager
(208) 378-5724

For More Information:
Alexis Collins, Public Affairs Specialist: 208.685.6978

Field Discussion with Warren Weihing
Boise, ID, November 7, 2012
– The Idaho Natural Resources Conservation Service is reminding producers that applications for the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) are due Friday, November 16, 2012, for fiscal year 2013 funding. Applications for four special initiatives funded through EQIP are also due: the Organic, On Farm Energy, Seasonal High Tunnel and Working Lands for Wildlife Initiatives.

“We do accept applications for these programs on a continuous basis, however only the applications received by November 16th will be considered for funding this fiscal year,” said Ron Brooks, Idaho NRCS EQIP manager. “The applications we receive by this date will be evaluated and contracts awarded based on available funds.”

- EQIP is a Farm Bill program that helps agricultural producers complete resource conservation projects and make conservation-related management changes on their farms or ranches. 

- The Organic Initiative can help certified and transitioning organic producers invest in practices such as cover crops, nutrient management, or drip irrigation to improve soils or conserve water.

- The On-Farm Energy Initiative offers producers the opportunity to develop Agricultural Energy Management Plans that assess their farms’ energy consumption for equipment and farm facilities. It can also help producers to implement conservation practices identified in their Agricultural Energy Management Plan.

- The Seasonal High Tunnel Initiative helps producers plan for and install steel-framed, polyethylene-covered structures that extend the growing season. 

- The Working Lands for Wildlife Initiative in Idaho focuses on improving or restoring greater sage-grouse habitat.

For more information on these programs as well as eligibility requirements, stop by your local USDA service center or visit NRCS online at



USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (866) 632-9992 (Toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (Local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).