Environmental Quality Incentives Program
Staff Contact: Tim Garrahan, Farm Bill Specialist
Phone: (302) 678-4260
FAX: (302) 678-0843
Delaware State EQIP Program Information
*NEW! Next batch date for Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 EQIP set for December 19, 2014
*NEW! FY 2015 Application Cutoff Dates:
a. 1st Application Cutoff Date – December 19, 2014
b. 2nd Application Cutoff Date – January 16, 2015
c. 3rd Application Cutoff Date – February 20, 2015
d. 4th Application Cutoff Date- March 20, 2015
e. 5th Application Cutoff Date - April 17, 2015
f. 6th Application Cutoff Date - May 15, 2015
Important: Starting a practice prior to written contract approval will result in the ineligibility of that practice for EQIP funding assistance unless a waiver has been approved by the State Conservationist.
EQIP - 2015
EQIP provides financial and technical assistance to agricultural producers in order to address natural resource concerns and deliver environmental benefits such as improved water and air quality, conserved ground and surface water, reduced soil erosion and sedimentation or improved or created wildlife habitat.
What's New in EQIP?
- The former Wildlife Habitat Incentive Program was folded into EQIP
- Advance payment opportunities now exist for veteran agricultural producers
- Advance payments for socially disadvantaged, beginning and limited resource farmers, Indian tribes and veterans were raised from 30 percent to 50 percent
- Payment limitations are set at $450,000 with no ability to waive
Eligible program participants receive financial and technical assistance to implement conservation practices, or activities like conservation planning, that address natural resource concerns on their land. Payments are made to participants after conservation practices and activities identified in an EQIP plan of operations are implemented. Contracts can last up to ten years in duration.
Agricultural producers and owners of non-industrial private forestland and Tribes are eligible to apply for EQIP. Eligible land includes cropland, rangeland, pastureland, non-industrial private forestland and other farm or ranch lands.
Socially disadvantaged, beginning and limited resource farmers, Indian tribes and veterans are eligible for an increased payment rate and may receive advance payment of up to 50 percent to purchase materials and services needed to implement conservation practices included in their EQIP contract.
- Control or own eligible land
- Comply with adjusted gross income limitation (AGI) provisions
- Be in compliance with the highly erodible land and wetland conservation requirements
- Develop an NRCS EQIP plan of operations
Additional restrictions and program requirements may apply.
How to Apply
Visit your local USDA Service Center to apply or visit www.nrcs.usda.gov/getstarted.
NRCS will help eligible producers develop an EQIP plan of operations, which will become the basis of the EQIP contract.
EQIP applications will be ranked based on a number of factors, including the environmental benefits and cost effectiveness of the proposal.
Download NRCS conservation program application (PDF, Y2K)
2015 EQIP Application - CCC 1200
2015 EQIP Eligible Practice List
2015 EQIP Cover Crop Policy
Irrigation History Certification Form
Organic Initiative Self Certification Form
2015 Delaware EQIP Ranking Tools
2015 EQIP Beef and Dairy Other HQ Kent/NCC (XLSX; 25 KB)
2015 EQIP Beef and Dairy Other HQ Sussex (XLSX; 25 KB)
2015 EQIP Beef and Dairy Other with Land Kent/NCC (XLSX; 25KB)
2015 EQIP Beef and Dairy Other with Land Sussex (XLSX; 25KB)
2015 EQIP Beginning LRF Farmer (XLSX; 25 KB)
2015 EQIP CAP CNMP (XLSX; 15 KB)
2015 EQIP Cover Crop Kent/NCC (XLSX; 24 KB)
2015 EQIP Cover Crop Sussex (XLSX; 24 KB)
2015 EQIP Cropland Kent/NCC (XLSX; 24 KB)
2015 EQIP Cropland Sussex (XLSX; 24 KB)
2015 EQIP Cropland Irrigation (XLSX; 24 KB)
2015 EQIP Cropland Pollinator (XLSX; 23 KB)
2015 EQIP CAP Drainage Water Management (XLSX; 15 KB)
2015 EQIP CAP Energy (XLSX; 14 KB)
2015 EQIP Energy Practices (XLSX; 16 KB)
2015 EQIP CAP FISH (XLSX; 14 KB)
2015 EQIP CAP Forest (XLSX; 15 KB)
2015 EQIP Forestry (XLSX; 23 KB)
2015 EQIP Freezer CAP (XLSX; 23 KB)
2015 EQIP CAP Grazing (XLSX; 14 KB)
2015 EQIP CAP IPM (XLSX; 15 KB)
2015 EQIP CAP IWM (XLSX; 15 KB)
2015 Nutrient CAP (XLSX 15)
2015 EQIP Organic Certified (XLSX; 25 KB)
2015 EQIP Organic Transition (XLSX; 24 KB)
2015 EQIP Pasture (XLSX; 25 KB)
2015 EQIP CAP Pollinator (XLSX; 14 KB)
2015 EQIP Poultry Headquarters (XLSX; 24 KB)
2015 EQIP Poultry Remediation (XLSX; 24 KB)
2015 EQIP Poultry with Land (XLSX; 25 KB)
2015 EQIP Socially Disadvantaged Farmer (XLSX; 29 KB)
2015 EQIP Seasonal High Tunnel (XLSX 15 KB)
2015 EQIP Wildlife (XLSX; 28 KB)
EQIP Fact Sheet (PDF, 1MB)
To learn how to get started with NRCS, visit www.nrcs.usda.gov/getstarted
Detailed EQIP Information
To see more detailed program information about EQIP, visit the EQIP program homepage.
There are several National EQIP Initiatives available: Air Quality, On-Farm Energy, Organic and Seasonal High Tunnel.
State Resource Priorities and Management Systems:
- Reduction of non-point source pollutants including nutrients, sediment, and pesticides in impaired watersheds consistent with TMDL’s as well as the reduction of groundwater contamination.
- Agricultural Waste Management Systems - Nutrients, Sediments
- Integrated Crop Management Systems - Nutrients, Pesticides
- Planned Grazing Management Systems - Nutrients, Sediments
- Conservation of ground and surface water resources
- Irrigation Water Management Systems - Water conservation
- Reduction of emissions such as particulate matter and volatile organic compounds that contribute to air quality impairment.
- Agricultural Waste Management Systems - Volatile organic compounds
- Poultry House Windbreak Management Systems - Particulate matter
- Reduction in soil erosion and sedimentation from erodible land.
- Erosion Control Systems - Sediments
- Promotion of at-risk species habitat recovery
- Biodiversity Management Systems - Habitat recovery