Skip Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions About NRCS in Alabama

  1. When did the name of the Soil Conservation Service (SCS) change to Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)  -- SCS became NRCS in 1994 to better reflect its expanded role of helping to protect natural resources such as water, air, plants and animals on private and tribal lands.
  2. Where are you located? -- The Alabama NRCS State office is located at 3381 Skyway Drive, Auburn, Alabama.  Take Exit 57 off Interstate 85 and go toward Auburn.  At the red-light (Glenn and Bent Creek), take a right.  Take first road to left, Skyway Drive at the Skyway Professional Center sign. We are the 2nd office building on left.  USDA-NRCS sign out front.   Phone: 334-887-4500, Fax: 334-887-4551