Disability Employment Program
About the Program Manager
Blake Garner, Soil Conservationist
501-B, 4th Street SW
Cullman, AL 35055
As the Disability Emphasis Program Manager (DEPM), I will serve a 3-year collateral position as a liaison to:
- Promote an understanding and appreciation of individuals with disabilities
- Provide reasonable accommodations and accessibilities to our disabled employees and customers.
- Identify available resources to enhance the work environment for disabled persons.
- Develop and implement an annual plan of operations that identifies specific activities to be initiated and /or completed during the fiscal year
- Promote an understanding of the requirements of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Advise the Deputy Equal Employment Opportunity Officer (DEEOO) Dr. William Puckett on any matters affecting the employment and advancement of disabled employees in Alabama.
- Assist with any problems, needs, or opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Federal Government Disability Information (will open in new window.)
Federal Employment for People with Disabilities (will open in new window.)
Why "Handicapped" is Not Cool
General Manual - Disability Employment Program (230, Part 403, Subpart E) (will open in new window.)
Reasonable Accommodations and Office Accessibility
USDA Reasonable Accommodations Procedures
The following document is in Adobe Acrobat.
Information regarding Reasonable Accommodations (PDF, 73 KB)
Building Accessibility Checklist (PDF, 790 KB)