Skip Navigation

News Release

State Technical Committee Meeting Scheduled for Dec 5, 2013

Helen Denniston
(907) 761-7756

NRCS Holding Open Meeting on Conservation Programs

PALMER, Nov. 21, 2013 – The State Technical Committee will meet Thursday, December 5, at the United States Department of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service conference room, located in the Peterson Tower at 510 L Street Suite 270, Anchorage. The meeting will begin at 10 a.m. and adjourn at noon. Agenda items include a presentation on office delineations, a review of staffing, and an open discussion on resource concerns. State Technical Committee meetings are open to the public. Landowners are encouraged to attend.

NRCS provides products and services to enable people to be good stewards of the nation’s soil, water, and related natural resources on non-federal lands. With the help of NRCS, people are better able to conserve, maintain, and improve their natural resources.

The NRCS State Technical Committee provides opinions on issues within a variety of NRCS Farm Bill conservation programs. Although the State Technical Committee has no implementation or enforcement authority, USDA gives strong consideration to the Committee’s recommendations.

For more information contact State Resource Conservationist Helen Denniston at (907) 761-7756 or by email at


For information regarding NRCS technical service or program participation, contact an NRCS Office. Alaska NRCS Northern Hub Office in Fairbanks: (907) 479-3159, Alaska NRCS Southern Hub Office in Kenai: (907) 283-8732, Alaska NRCS Central Hub Office in Wasilla: (907) 373-6492 and the State Office in Palmer: (907) 761-7760. Contact information for the offices in Alaska is also available at:

NRCS employees provide technical assistance based on sound science and suited to a customer's specific needs. NRCS provides financial assistance for many conservation activities. Participation in programs is voluntary and non-regulatory.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice), or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).


Helping People Help the Land